For an introduction to our current activities watch one of these webinars
If you would like to keep up to date on new information and any other communications we make to supporters (e.g. meeting invitations), please subscribe below – scroll down to the bottom of any page on the website including this one. *** Do not be put off by the word subscription, this is a completely FREE service ***
Meanwhile if you want to get actively involved, have questi0ns /suggestions for us or can help with distributing our flyers to your village please email email@example.com. Add comments if you want everyone to see your point of view.
The group is specifically looking for voluntary expertise in the following areas: civil engineering (preferably railway engineering); quantity surveying; environmental noise; ecology, local history & archeology; hydrology; computer aided design; legal & land issues; graphics and generalists to help push the group forwards.
We encourage you to write to:
- Anthony Browne MP, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bridget Smith, Leader of South Cambs District Council Cllr.BridgetSmith@scambs.gov.uk.
- Aidan Van De Weyer Deputy Leader of South Cambridgeshire District Council and responsible for transport, email@example.com
- Your local parish, district or county councillors
- East West Rail Company firstname.lastname@example.org.
- James Palmer, Mayor of Cambridge and Peterborough email@example.com
- Grant Shapps, Secretary of State for Transport, who will make the final decision of the route firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Jenrick, Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government email@example.com
Have a look at this post for some ideas for what to write about.
Feel free to comment on the posts to add to the debate.
If you have questions directly for East West Rail their contact details are here. Empirically they are taking over three months to respond to residents, so you might be better off phoning rather than emailing or consider a targeted freedom of information request. FOI require a response in 20 working days.
If you would like to write to the local media about this issue try these contacts:
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire firstname.lastname@example.org
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire email@example.com
Cambridge Independent firstname.lastname@example.org@iliffemedia.co.uk
Cambridge 105 email@example.com
Sign the Petition This is CBRR’s petition and its still valid today. Numbers matter so please try to get as many as possible to sign it.
Founder members of the group include David Revell a local parish councillor and Railway specialist and Dr. William Harrold from the one of the local village web teams.
The Cambridge Approaches Team.